Starting from this year, IBDA shall conduct the Sunday Class for primary school children, as per proposed programme attached.
Medium Of Instruction : Mainly in English; with Mandarin (if necessary)
Children who are not that proficient in English are allowed to speak in Mandarin or Bahasa Malaysia. Most lessons shall be conducted in English with mandarin sub-titles. Most teachers are also bilingual.
Venue: IBDA , 108 , Jalan Raja Kam, Canning Garden, 31400, Ipoh.
There will be 12 indoor based sessions for the year, each session shall be from 10.00 am to 12.30 nn; plus 6 outdoor based activities held in IBDA Canning Garden or at other suitable outdoor venue (See 2014 Activities Calendar attached)
23 Feb; 09 March; 13 April, 27 April; 25 May; 08 June; 22 June; 13 July; 27 July; 24 Aug; 07Sep; 21 Sep;
[Participants are required to attend minimum of 10 out of
the 12 sessions]
Date (outdoor) :
Blood Donation (IBDA)– 23 March ; Wesak Preparation (IBDA)- 4 May;
Mother’s Day (11 May); Charity visit to homes (places to be decided later) – 18 May; Family Day (IBDA) – 15 June; Dana/Blessings Before Exam (IBDA) – 03 Aug;
[Participants are encouraged to take part in all outdoor activities]
Youth Camp : 13 – 15 May ( For Secondary School Students).
[Primary school students not involved- for information only]
Children Camp : 28-30 Nov (For Primary School Students)
Commitment From All:
We need the understanding, co-operation and commitment from all parties to make the Sunday Family Class beneficial and effective.
Admission is free
Objectives For Children’s Sunday Class
- To have an inter-active type basic moral (manners and etiquette) and very simple Dhamma exposure ( through games and stories) for primary school children, and at the same time to practise to communicate in English.
- To plant Dhamma seeds in the children, so that when they grow up, they will have affinity with the Dhamma.
- Create an environment for the children to have their own circle of friends and a forum to interact with and to support each other.
Family Sunday Class General Contents
To be adjusted every year to suit (In English/Mandarin)
Class room (indoor) Session
- Basic manners and etiquette
- Stories of the Buddha
- Simple Pali chanting & meaning/Hymns singing
- Moral values through games
- Living skills
- Filial piety & respects for elders through stories/role play
Practical (Outdoor) sessions
- Learn the joy of giving & helping & service
- Learn to participate & work in a group
- Learn to appreciate & express gratitude towards parents & others
- Learn to do Dana and the meaning of blessings
- Learn about contentment, goodwill and love towards others.
Participation Of Parents/Guardians
- The active encouragement and support from the parents/guardians is very important, so that they can become “partners” to the children in their learning /growing up process.
- They shall encourage the children to be punctual and regular for the classes, to have the best effect.
May All Beings Be Well And Happy.
IBDA Sunday Class 2014 Application form
Activities / Events